First time in Europe
We will travel extensively in Europe, from Amsterdam to Brussels, to London, to Paris, then to get on one of the scenic train --- William Tell boat and train, to Zurich, then to Italy. We are first time in Europe.
1. Could you tell me if we purchased the Swiss Travel Pass or Eurail select pass, do we still need to pay for the scenic train?
2. How many luggage could we carry onto the William Tell boat and train? Is the William Tell boat and train depart from Lucerne and end in Locarno? How long will the whole trip take?
3. We are one adult, two seniors and one child, and travelling together which will be the best train pass for us?
We are still in the early stage planning, happy to change the route if more practical, any suggestions?
Thanks for your question.
To start off, I would request you to help me with all your destinations in Europe so that I could suggest you an appropriate pass accordingly.
1) Yes, you would have to make mandatory seat reservations for scenic trains with your pass.
2) It’s always advisable to take limited luggage on board as there are multiple trips on the Wilhelm Tell Express. The entire journey on the Wilhelm Tell Express is from Lucerne to Lugano. You could end your journey at Locarno. This journey from Lucerne to Lugano would take approximately 7 hours, and from Lucerne to Locarno would take you approximately 5 hours.
3) Could you please help me with a definite travel plan along with number of days you would be put up in Europe so that i could suggest the best pass.
Awaiting your reply!!!
Anthony, Rail Europe Travel Expert.
By posting a question, you agree to our terms and conditions. You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, abusive, defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy and racially objectionable. Any infringement will result in the removal of your post.