votes

Travelling Europe 2016

Hi, I (family of 4) will be travelling in April next year to: London; Paris; Nice (and Monte Carlo); Rome; Florence; Vience; Leukerbad and Spiez (Switzerland); Salzburg Austria; Nuremberg and Hamburg Germany; Copenhagen then finally Stockholm. London is not by issue but is after leaving London onwards: From London will be travelling for 29 days with only stops in the above cities. I presume Global Pass is the suggested ticket, but are all these places available by reservations? I know precise dates.

I also believe there are additional 'booking fees' associated with same, and London to Paris isn't covered? or there is a heavy fee, and may be suggested to by a separate fee?

Heard some areas are not covered?

Any suggestions or clarity would be appreciated.

Which will Thanks.

Official Answer
photo Travel Expert
Rail Europe Posted 3 years ago

Hello David,

Thanks for your question.

1) Yes, the Eurail Global Pass would be the best option for your travel across Europe. This pass would cover all regional and national trains within 28 European countries. Seat reservations would be mandatory for all High-Speed, Night, Scenic and Border Crossing trains. But, you will avail pass holder/discounted fares for these journeys with the pass. Most of your sectors seat reservations would have to be booked 3 months prior to your date of travel. You could purchase the pass 6 months prior, but for your seat reservations you would have to hold on for a couple months and then try booking them.

2) Yes, as mentioned above, you would have to purchase seat reservations on all High-Speed, Night, Scenic and Border Crossing trains. The United Kingdom isn't included in the Eurail Global Pass but you would receive pass holder fares for the Eurostar journey from London to Paris.

3) All your sectors are covered by the pass.

To purchase the pass click “Here”.

Lastly, please keep in mind that seat can only be reserved closer to your travel dates.

In order to book tickets, please visit our website www.raileurope.com.au.

The pass seats can be reserved by clicking on “Seat Reservations” & feed in the Departure city and the Arrival city along with the travel date and preferred time & the number of passengers (Senior, adults, youth and children), and then click on “search tickets”. Once you do so, you would find the schedules along with the fares.

Please click on the “Fare Details” tab to view details regarding the type of fare, type of seat, whether a reservation is included or not and the After Sales Policy.

Hope this helps!!!

Anthony, Rail Europe Travel Expert.

Leave comment

photo

Attach files...

The file must be a jpg, gif, png, bmp, ico, pdf, doc, rtf, txt, zip or rar no more than 8M

By posting a question, you agree to our terms and conditions. You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, abusive, defamatory, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy and racially objectionable. Any infringement will result in the removal of your post.